KIDS SAFETY TIPS
- Know your name, address, and phone number.
- Use the buddy system – avoid walking anywhere alone.
- Trust your instincts – if you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
- Act like a “Hard Target.” Predators are cowards who select “targets” whom they perceive as easy victims. Predators selectively wait until the “Easy Target” is the most distracted, weak, alone, and ready to give up. Pedophiles, on the other hand, will avoid “Hard” target kids who are:
1. Noisy. Predators like quiet, shy, children who can be carried away with as little notice as possible.
2. Make Eye Contact. Children who look at least indirectly at the stalker unnerve many of the predators.
3. Present positive, confident, body language. You, the Parent or Guardian, plays a primary role in cultivating a sense of confidence in your child. Teach them how to walk, keep the head up, be aware, and trust their “Gut Feelings”.
- Develop and use “code words” that only you and your parents know. Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t know the password, and NEVER leave with a stranger who doesn’t know it.
- Never take shortcuts or hidden paths. Stay on the used path and out in the open where people can see you.
- Even people you see in your neighborhood everyday can be dangerous if you don’t know them. Never go in their homes or cars without your parents’ permission.
- If a stranger approaches you, you do not have to speak to him or her. Never approach a stranger in a motor vehicle. Just keep walking. Do not accept candy or any other items from a stranger. Never walk off with a stranger no matter what he or she tells you.
- Escape at the earliest opportunity. You can simply leave an unsafe environment when you first recognize that an adult may be a threat. If the suspicious adult appears suddenly, run away, shout, and draw attention to yourself.
Powered by Facebook Comments