KICKBOXING classes portland
Team Quest MMA offers kickboxing classes in Portland, Oregon for all skill levels and ages with the most effective striking system on the planet for self defense, competition or to just get into amazing shape!
Kickboxing is a mixture of several techniques employed in the rest of the forms of martial arts. Referred to as the “science of 8 limbs” simply because almost all parts of the body are employed during the fight. The forehead, the fists, elbows, knees, and feet are often used as the weapons. It has been around for more than 2000 years and is basically regarded as the oldest variant of martial arts.
This class is offered at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. The class is typically 1 hour long and involves pad work using focus mitts, Thai pads, kick shields and heavy bags. This training program is designed to teach students striking combos through our numbering system. A full body workout, this class will get you in shape fast.
BENEFITS OF MUAY THAI KICKBOXING:
- Discover the science and mechanics of proper striking (kicking, punching, footwork, head movement, offense and defense)
- Learn to properly defend yourself against punches and kicks
- Master devastating knockout strikes and build unmatched power in your punches, kicks, elbows, and knees (just as if you were a pro fighter)
- Develop strong cardio along with explosive moves (Muay Thai training increases your cardio and builds strength at the same time – and is NOT BORING)
- Improve focus and concentration and increase eye/body coordination